- 3 spring onions
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large free-range egg
- 750 g cooked crabmeat , from sustainable sources
- 300 g mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- plain flour , for dusting
- olive oil
- tartare sauce
- Trim and finely chop the spring onions, and pick and finely chop the parsley. Beat the egg.
- Combine the crabmeat, potatoes, spring onion, parsley, white pepper, cayenne and egg in a bowl with a little sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then shape into 6cm cakes.
- Dust with flour and shallow-fry in oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes each side or until golden-brown.
- Serve with pinches of watercress and a dollop of tartare sauce.